- Acute Bronchitis Overview
- Acute Bronchitis Causes and Symptoms
- Acute bronchitis treatment
- Bronchitis medicine
- Acute Bronchitis Treatment with Prednisone 20 mg
- Antibiotics for bronchitis
- Best treatment for bronchitis
- Prednisone 20mg dosage. Prednisone online
- How to buy Prednisone without prescription?
Prednisone is a drug from the group of glucocorticoids. It has an impact on the system level. It is prescribed for bronchial asthma and other diseases that require a rapid increase in the level of adrenal hormones in the blood. Let's have a look at the main symptoms of acute bronchitis and find out how Prednisone can help to treat this serious disease.
Acute Bronchitis Overview
Acute bronchitis is an acute inflammation of the bronchial mucosa. Usually, acute bronchitis occurs in combination with acute inflammatory diseases of the upper respiratory tract. The viral infection begins with a nasal pharynx, and then goes down. Influenza viruses multiply in the cells of the trachea and bronchi (respiratory tubes). Viral or bacterial infection is the main cause of acute bronchitis. In the development of the disease, not the microbes that we usually get infected with the flu, but those that are in everyone's mouth and nose are responsible for.
Acute bronchitis is a widespread disease of the respiratory system. It can develop as an independent process, when the inflammation is limited to the bronchi (primary bronchitis), or complicate another existing pathology (secondary bronchitis). By the level of destruction of the lower respiratory tract, acute bronchitis is divided into:
- mainly affecting medium caliber of the bronchi,
Almost all types of acute bronchitis belong to inflammatory processes of a diffuse nature; less often they are segmental (usually as a component of another acute local inflammatory process).
According to the nature of the inflammatory exudate, catarrhal, mucous, purulent acute bronchitis is isolated. Most acute bronchitis is catarrhal, purulent forms of the disease are rare, usually with a combination of viral and streptococcal infections. In acute bronchitis, the inflammatory process can affect only the mucous membrane of the bronchi, in the case of a severe course, it affects the deeper tissues: submucosal and muscular layers.
Pathological changes of the bronchial wall at an acute bronchitis characterized by hyperemia and edema of mucous membrane, expressed submucosal infiltration with hypertrophy of mucous glands-protein, increase in the number of goblet cells decrease and degeneration of ciliated epithelial barrier function. On the inner surface of the bronchi, there is serous, mucous or mucopurulent exudate. Increased secretion of mucus in acute bronchitis leads to violation of patency of small bronchi and bronchioles.
The child's organism is considered initially more susceptible to the possibility of developing any form of bronchitis. This is due to anatomical and physiological characteristics like the imperfection of immune mechanisms of antimicrobial protection, anatomical features of the bronchial tree in children, creating an obstacle to the outflow of sputum, imperfection of mucociliary clearance.
The result of this feature is the tendency to increased sputum production with the inability of cilia on the surface of the cylindrical epithelium of the mucous to withdraw it.
Acute Bronchitis Causes and Symptoms
The causes of acute bronchitis can be infections of viral, bacterial or fungal nature, the effect of physical factors and agents, the effect of chemicals.
The provoking factors include:
- passive or active smoking,
- chronic inflammatory processes of the nasopharynx, such as: pharyngitis, sinusitis, nasal breathing disorder, nasal curvature, alcohol dependence, frequent hypothermia, inhalation of polluted air at manufacturing plants, mines, etc.,
- frequent acute respiratory infections, colds.
Clinical manifestations of the disease are characterized by quite good specificity. Correctly conducted differential diagnosis of complaints, symptoms and data of objective patient research helps to establish the correct diagnosis within a few minutes.
Symptoms of acute bronchitis are the following:
- Dry cough. Characteristic for the initial stages of the inflammatory process in the bronchi. Its duration can be different and depends on many reasons. In typical cases, dry cough with acute bronchitis lasts 4-5 days and is provoked by inhalation of air. Its particular nasal attachment is noted in the cases of high and low temperatures;
- Moist cough. The appearance of a moist cough with acute bronchitis marks the second phase of the course of the inflammatory process in the bronchi. In this case, during a fit of coughing, clear mucous or yellowish-green sputum is coughing up. Such cough lasts about a week and arises spontaneously as sputum accumulates in the bronchi, especially in the morning;
- Hyperthermic reaction. Usually proceeds according to the type of subfebrile temperature (about 38 °C). The presence of its higher figures should always be alarming for pneumonia;
- General weakness, sweating and malaise. They relate to signs of intoxication and are expressed the more, the more active the inflammatory process in the bronchial tree is;
- Shortness of breath and decreased physical activity. They are associated with the progression of respiratory failure and always indicate a severe course of bronchitis or its complications;
- Chrypses with auscultation of the lungs. In the initial stages of the process, they are usually dry rough against a background of hard breathing. As sputum coughing up during coughing, the rattling wheezing becomes wet with large and medium bubbles. The appearance of small bubbles or crepitic wheezing should always alert you to pneumonia.
Acute bronchitis in children:
As for the clinical features of bronchitis in children, there are also some differences from adults. The children in the forefront is not only a cough, but also the symptoms of intoxication. At the same time the child becomes sluggish, highly feverish, refuses to play, eat and drink. In the most severe cases, with signs of bronchial obstruction, pronounced dyspnoea with difficulty breathing and bubbling, wheezing.
Acute bronchitis treatment
Bronchitis is an inflammatory disease characterized by lesions of the bronchi. For its treatment, it is effective to combine pharmacological and non-drug methods. Among the drugs in the treatment of bronchitis, anti-inflammatory drugs play a key role. They are selected individually based on contraindications.
The indication for the use of anti-inflammatory drugs is the diagnosis of bronchitis or other inflammatory process.
Glucocorticosteroid drugs for the treatment of acute bronchitis
Good effect in the treatment of bronchitis give drugs based on glucocorticosteroid hormones, which have a pronounced anti-inflammatory effect. In addition, these drugs have immunosuppressive, anti-shock and anti-allergic effect.
Hormones are produced by the adrenal glands, namely their cortical layer. Not only natural hormones are actively used in medicine, but also their synthetic analogues. The use of such drugs should be strictly controlled by the attending physician, since the long uncontrolled intake of these hormones in the body can lead to atrophic changes in the adrenal cortex. In addition, the secretion of adrenocorticotropic hormone (it stimulates the hormonal activity of the cortex), which the pituitary gland is responsible for, can be inhibited.
Glucocorticosteroid drugs classification
1. Natural hormones. This group includes the most common Cortisone and Hydrocortisone, which are short-acting drugs.
2. Synthetic analogues. They are actively used to treat severe forms of bronchitis: Prednisone, Prednisolone and Betamethasone. Betamethasone is a long-acting drug, while the other two drugs have an average duration of action.
Cortisone and Hydrocortisone
Cortisone is available in the form of tablets or suspensions. The designation of these drugs is determined by the severity of the disease, as well as the age and weight of the patient. For adults, the daily dose of drugs - 300 mg. For children, these drugs usually do not apply.
Hydrocortisone is administered intravenously or intramuscularly, it is available in vials for injection.
Side effects usually occur with long-term use of these drugs. Cortisone and Hydrocortisone are the drugs most likely to develop side effects, so their use is limited. Usually, experts prefer synthetic counterparts that give the best result. For the treatment of bronchitis, these medicines are used very rarely.
Prednisone, Prednisolone and Betamethasone for bronchitis treatment
These drugs are synthetic analogues of natural hormones. They are actively used to treat predominantly severe forms of bronchitis.
Betamethasone's daily dosage is 0.25–8 mg for adults, and 17–250 mcg for 1kg of body weight for children.
Prednisone is also prescribed depending on age and weight. Adult daily dose of the drug Prednisone - 100 mg. It is usually prescribed in the form of tablets (for example, tablets of 20 mg each), the dosage should be gradually reduced. The daily dose of Prednisolone for children is 0.14 mg / kg, for adults - 200 mg.
With controlled use of these drugs, the risk of side effects is minimal. If you identify side effects, it is recommended to replace the drug.
The positive effect of the drugs Prednisone, Prednisolone or Betamethasone is indicated by the weakening of the clinical manifestations and the improvement of the patient's condition. To assess the result of therapy, bronchoscopy can be performed, which will allow to analyze the bronchi.
If there are side effects or therapy does not work, you need to change the drug. A good effect is the combination of drugs and non-drug methods of treatment of bronchitis. Treatment must be monitored by the attending physician.
Acute bronchitis is treated by eliminating the symptoms: the temperature is reduced, inhalations are administered, and expectorant drugs are prescribed. Antifungal medications are sometimes needed. In mild forms of bronchitis, recovery occurs fairly quickly.
Inhalation with eucalyptus, menthol and anise oil has a good effect. At the time of treatment of the disease it is necessary to exclude dust and gas pollution of the room, drafts, stop smoking and drinking alcoholic beverages. In the complex therapy it is necessary to include mixtures with antitussive effects, mucolytics, antiallergic and vitamin-mineral complexes.
In chronic bronchitis, antibiotics, expectorant substances and preparations are selected that contribute to the expansion of the bronchi and neighboring structures. When quitting smoking, there is a positive trend.
What to take with bronchitis? Before using any medication, consultation with a specialist is necessary.
To improve the discharge of sputum it is necessary to use funds that expand the bronchi. For bronchitis, adults are prescribed:
- Ventolin Pills (Salbutamol);
- Ventolin Inhaler (Salbutamol);
- Proventil (Salbutamol);
- Theo-24 Cr (Theophylline );
- Uniphyl Cr (Theophylline).
Antibiotics for bronchitis
Drugs with antibacterial effect are prescribed for complicated pathology, when there is no effect from symptomatic therapy. Antiviral drugs are prescribed separately.
The following types of medications are commonly used to treat bronchitis:
- macrolide compounds;
Dosage of antibiotics for bronchitis is selected by a specialist. With the uncontrolled use of drugs from this group there is a violation of the microflora of the intestinal tract, and reduced immune protection. It is necessary to take these drugs according to the scheme, without adjusting the duration of the course.
Acute Bronchitis Treatment with Prednisone 20 mg
Prednisone 20 mg for bronchitis treatment has the following effects:
- Prevents the destruction of lysosome membranes and the release of proteolytic enzymes. Thus, with tissue damage, the pro-inflammatory proteolytic enzymes remain in the lysosomes.
- Reduces the permeability of blood vessels, prevents the outflow of blood plasma in the tissue. The drug prevents the development of edema.
- Inhibits the migration of leukocytes to the focus of inflammation and phagocytosis of damaged cells.
- Prednisone 20 mg has an immunosuppressive effect, reducing the formation of lymphocytes and eosinophils. Large doses cause the involution of lymphoid tissue.
- Reduces fever, suppressing the release of leukocytes from interleukin-1, which activates the hypothalamic center of thermoregulation.
- Suppress the formation of antibodies.
- Prednisone 20 mg inhibits the reaction of the interaction of foreign proteins with antibodies.
- It inhibits the release of allergic mediators from basophils and mast cells.
- Reduces the sensitivity of tissues to histamine and other biologically active substances that exert a pro-inflammatory effect.
- Suppresses the biosynthesis of prostaglandins, interleukin-1, tumor necrosis factor.
- Prednisone 20 mg reduces the viscosity of mucus in the bronchi.
- Increases the affinity of beta-adrenergic receptors of the bronchial tree to catecholamines, resulting in increased blood pressure.
Antibiotics for bronchitis
Zithromax (Azithromycin) for bronchitis
Zithromax (Azithromycin) is a strong modern antibiotic for adults.
Azithromycin helps to stabilize the patient’s condition in a short time. For severe lung lesions, Zithromax (Azithromycin) treatment usually does not last more than 5 days. To obtain a pronounced therapeutic result, patients take 500-1000 mg of the active ingredient once a day. In some cases, a three-day course of treatment is sufficient.
Amoxicillin (Amoxil) for bronchitis
Amoxicillin (Amoxil) is a broad-spectrum antibiotic that rarely causes side effects.
In some patients, there is complete resistance to the active substance of this drug. Taking into account the development of the severity of bronchitis, doctors may recommend taking 500-1000 mg of the active ingredient three times a day for an hour or two hours after a meal.
Amoxicillin (Amoxil) capsules should not be chewed and divided, they should be washed down with water or juice. Therapy with the use of the drug Amoxicillin lasts for 5-14 days, on average, treatment is 10 days.
Augmentin for bronchitis
Augmentin is another member of the aminopenicillin group that inhibits the growth and reproduction of bacteria and is used to treat most inflammatory infections caused by pathogens (including bronchitis and pneumonia). The basis of the drug Augmentin is clavulanic acid, which blocks the production of beta - lactamase, which bacteria produce to protect against penicillins.
Therefore Augmentin acts much more effectively than other medicines of the penicillin group. This modern drug is produced in different dosage forms: tablets, injections, drops, powder for suspension. What form of medication would be preferable for you, decides the attending physician.
Adverse reactions during the use of Augmentin rarely develop, but in some cases, the drug may cause allergic reactions and disorders of the digestive tract (dysbacteriosis, toxic effects on the liver).
In severe form of bronchitis, Augmentin is preferable to use in the form of intravenous injections, which are given every 8 hours. The price of the drug - from $30.
Floxin (Ofloxacin) for bronchitis
Ofloxacin is a drug from the group of fluoroquinolones, it is available in the form of tablets and solution for infusions. The active substance of the drug destabilizes the DNA chain in the cells of bacteria, which provokes their death. The drug Ofloxacin is active against most atypical mycobacteria and those microorganisms that have developed resistance to other antibacterial drugs.
Floxin (Ofloxacin) is widely used in various fields of medicine, including it is prescribed for the treatment of bronchitis and pneumonia. The drug is contraindicated in pregnancy and breastfeeding, hypersensitivity to its components, in addition, Ofloxacin is not prescribed to people under 18 years of age.
The dosage of Ofloxacin for bronchitis is determined by the doctor individually, taking into account the severity of the symptoms and the type of infectious agent. Ofloxacin can cause a number of adverse reactions from the nervous, digestive, cardiovascular, urinary system, so it should be prescribed with caution. The price of the drug - from $20.
Best treatment for bronchitis
Bronchitis is an inflammatory disease of the bronchial tree, in which there is a productive and unproductive cough, mucus secretion. You need to know what the best drugs can be used for effective therapy and best treatment.
Key principles of the best treatment for bronchitis
Before considering the best drugs and procedures for the treatment of bronchitis, it is necessary to note the important principles of therapy. Experts say that without an integrated approach to treatment is extremely difficult to achieve a positive result.
Here are the key points:
|Compliance with the rules of hygiene at home and in the workplace.||Doctors recommend a wet room cleaning every day. Of course, it is desirable to avoid harmful conditions at work. When a person is already suffering from chronic bronchitis, and “harmfulness” is observed in the workplace, it makes sense to change the type of activity. This is especially important in allergic, asthmatic bronchitis.|
|Compliance with seasonality when choosing clothes.||It is important to protect yourself from hypothermia, drafts. Clothing is most useful if it is made of natural fabrics: such materials prevent overheating, as well as heat loss.|
|The transition to health food.||Food for chronic bronchitis should be fractional. It is recommended to eat 4-5 times a day. It is necessary to increase the amount of protein, drink warm drinks.|
|Combined therapy.||It is required to apply at the same time folk remedies, and also to use modern medicines. Warming and inhalation also help in the treatment of bronchitis.|
All factors are of great importance for the general condition of the patient. It is necessary to change the way of life. This is especially important when it comes to a chronic form of bronchitis, not a temporary acute illness.
Most experts say that the negative effect of smoking on the organs of the respiratory system is really significant. It is extremely important to abandon the habit completely, as it is very difficult to treat the smoker.
Interestingly, in the treatment of bronchitis with the help of folk remedies, always a special attention must be paid to the menu. And in determining the optimal diet, followers of traditional medicine and doctors are unanimous.
Here's what they advise to add to the menu for the treatment of bronchitis:
- vegetables with fruits with a high content of vitamin C;
- broth hips;
- fatty fish;
- dairy products;
- lean meat.
1. Antibacterial drugs. Antibiotics remain the most reliable drugs in the best treatment of bronchitis. Now the most popular drug Amoxiclav. It helps to heal even obstructive bronchitis.
2. Bronchodilator drugs. They help to slightly expand the bronchi, reduce the pressure of the pulmonary circulation. Doctors prescribe Theophylline (Theo-24 Cr), Teotard (theophylline), and Atrovent (Inhalation). Fenspiride (Erespal) is universal: it provides additional anti-inflammatory effects.
3. Antitussive medications. They are indispensable when sputum is poorly separated, cough dry and hysterical. Butamirate, Sinecod Forte, Libexin (Prenoxdiazine), Carbocisteine give a good result in pneumonia, viral bronchitis.
4. Expectorant drugs. They provide stimulation of the bronchial glands. Now pharmacies have a wide range of medicines: Thermopsis, Licorice Syrup.
5. Preparations for liquefaction of sputum. When the viscosity of sputum decreases, it is easier to move, is derived from the bronchi. Ambroxol and Bromhexine are effective for this.
6. Hormonal drugs. When chronic bronchitis is severe, then treatment with Prednisone or Prednisolone is important. Also, doctors prescribe calcium. It becomes the best preventive element to prevent osteoporosis.
Special attention is given to therapy with antibiotics. An ambiguous attitude has been created towards antibiotics, but they are really effective.
Experts note: the best solution is to test for antibiotics in order to determine the most appropriate drugs for a particular person.
When conducting tests on different antibiotics, the body's susceptibility to specific drugs is determined. For example, the same antibiotic can be perfectly perceived by one person - for him this medication will help. But for another patient this antibiotic may well be useless.
Prednisone 20mg dosage. Prednisone online
How can I buy Prednisone 20mg dosage using the Internet?
Suppose you have no way around a few pharmacies in search of the right drug. How to solve the problem using the Internet now - how to buy Prednisone 20mg dosage online and not run into a fake?
Among other sites, choose online pharmacy sites that exist in real life - you have seen them, visited them, you may have their discount cards. That is, you should not doubt that this is a real online pharmacy with legal and actual addresses, licenses, landlines and so on.
A good sign is when you are not offered to buy a serious over-the-counter drug for which you know for sure that this is a prescription drug. If on the Internet you have encountered an offer to buy something rare or very serious, do not take risks - no one will guarantee you any security. This is illegal and a big risk for you.
The process of ordering the drug Prednisone 20mg dosage online is quite simple and straightforward. First of all, on the official website, you need to select the region in which you are located (as a rule, it is determined automatically). After that you can browse the catalog, find in it the dosages of the preparation you are interested in and add them to the basket.
To proceed with the ordering of the drug Prednisone dosage 20mg, you need to register, specifying personal information (phone number, name, email address). Next, you will need to choose a delivery method that is more convenient for you.
At the end of the preparation of Prednisone dosage 20 mg online, the system will ask you to once again check the order and make sure it is correct. After these actions, you will only have to wait a few days and at the specified time come to the post office to pay and receive your order.
As you can see, everything is very simple. The process of prednisone formulation 20mg online usually takes just a few minutes and saves you time, effort and money. If you have never made an order for drugs online, we advise you to at least visit our partner's site in order to evaluate convenience and practicality.
How to buy Prednisone without prescription?
Do not buy the drug Prednisone without consulting a doctor. Many of the drugs may not work for you.
You can buy Prednisone without a prescription online at a certified online pharmacy. Completely exclude trips to dubious pharmaceutical points, pharmacies on wheels, to grandmothers on the market, and so on.
When you buy Prednisone at an online pharmacy, read the reviews about it.
If you doubt the authenticity of a drug, do not hesitate to demand a certificate of conformity.
If you have additional questions about buying a drug Prednisone without a prescription, contact the online pharmacy online consultant.
If the doctor has prescribed a new medicine that you have never seen, consult the directory of medicines. The properties and production shown on the packaging must be identical to the book version.
Never buy or take Prednisone over the counter from ordinary people. Having won in the price, you can lose your own health.
Always keep the receipt and packaging of the drug Prednisone.
Carefully study the insert to the drug: it must be from quality paper, the font is clear, mandatory detailed description of the drug, telephone numbers for communication, the address of the manufacturer and so on.
These were several ways to buy Prednisone over the counter to avoid fraud and not lose your health. And remember the main thing, without consulting a doctor, to buy this or that drug is not recommended. We wish you not to be ill at all!